2009年7月2日木曜日

Blind Pig Who Wants To Fly

Blind Pig Who Wants To Fly, Indonesia 2008
(BABI BUTA YANG INGIN TERBANG)
Director: Edwin
01.07.2009, Filmmuseum in Munich

Silent love story of Linda, Chinese-Indonesian girl, with full of beautiful images.
Especially the scene of burning firecracker in her mouth is splendid.
It is really good film and I recommend all of you to see it once!

Her passion on firecracker symbolizes thier hope.
With firecracker they can exile not only the evili but also every supression including the power of the indonesian bureaucrats.

As Japanese, I have to think of the power of being japanese in Indonesia.
But I do not know at all what it is like...I just cannot imagine, living in Japan over twenty years.
What I can however say would be, that Linda and her best japanese friend are tied tightly over that fucking national border.

0 件のコメント: